• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does ChatGPT differentiate itself from other AI language models in terms of providing unique answers to user queries?

why not ask chatgpt this question.........lol
One good reason not to is that these LLMs make garbage up and regurgitate fallacies from their training samples. I've come across several examples in the last week, including Bard getting high school physics spectacularly wrong and one of my students trying to use ChatGPT to research something and discovering that much of what it tells you is rubbish (which is OK if you are smart enough to check and not just assume that because it can produce good English that the content is reliable - though if you have to check everything it says it's of limited use).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Technically the "AI" doesn't comprehend anything. It's just something that generates text based on probabilistic associations from its inputs. It has no concept of true or false information, no understanding that either the input you give it or the words it produces as output actually mean anything, and actually no concept of "meaning" at all.

It's true that the more detail you put in your question the more associations there are for generating a response. But don't forget that that also means more scope for "making up" answers that have no basis in reality.

Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Being a lawyer doesn't mean you aren't an idiot. My favourite was a law firm that went under some years ago because one of the partners thought that a proposal to help a "Nigerian prince" move some money around sounded like a good deal to them, but decided to use the firm's bank account rather than their own...

I see that the post you were replying to has disappeared (I suspect along with the member). But yeah, "occasionally" doesn't cover it: that thing constantly makes stuff up. Indeed that phrase was one of the things about that post that made me think "I wonder where this was copied and pasted from?" or "did they get ChatGPT to provide this text?" (claims about it "understanding" and hence giving more accurate answers also had me thinking "would you like to buy a bridge from me?").

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones