• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is the battery life for samsung captivate?

I have both a Samsung Captivate (for personal use) and an iPhone 4 (for work). My Captivate's battery can last 1.5 days with light use, but I charge it every night--there's no point in having half a day's charge. As for my iPhone, I charge it every other night, but it doesn't get quite as much use as my Captivate.

Upvote 0
When I first got my Cappy, I'd get a full work day's use out it - barely - with a mixture of calls, email, and apps. I've noticed that after a couple of weeks my battery life has improved significantly. Now with the same use, I've got~1/3 battery life left by the time I get home.

Considering the power of the device and what I'm doing with it, I consider this very acceptable.

Upvote 0
Just trust me, the more you use it, the longer it lasts. Might take a week or two or maybe even a month, but yeah, it'll get better. For the timebeing, you can buy the two spare batteries+ battery charger for 10 bucks or w/e it's at now, which is super useful.

@OP, if you've had a smartphone before, it's pretty average, but if not, then you're in for a huge surprise. I've seen other phones last for weeks or even a month on its battery, but if this phone lasts two days straight, it's a miracle.

Upvote 0
I agree with everyone who says battery life greatly depends on your apps. I can get three or four days without certain widgets or apps installed or running. Now I get about two. I don't think that is too bad actually. I have been through plenty of phones in my life and I don't see it as out of the ordinary. My husband has a regular Samsung Rugby and he charges it every night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones