• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how is the sensation better than the samsung galaxy S2 ?

The only thing I miss from my BB is my QWERTY keyboard.
Everything else is far more advanced on my HTC. IMO
My HTC is way faster(loading,scrolling,etc), the screen is more than 2x's bigger, the touchscreen is much better too.
Loadtime/reboot is so much faster, sometimes it would take my BB would take 5-7 mins to boot up.
I don't see myself going back to BB, only as a backup device, since I won't support CRapple.

You could say my only complaint is the battery life, & the way it gets warm/hot .
I just picked up 3 anker(sp) batteries, & have noticed a huge improvement on life, & it hardly even gets warm now.
Still on the 1st charge, 3.5 hrs heavy use(brightness @ 100%, WiFi,etc all on.) & I'm a about 50%.
Still trying to drain it to 0%. It's only been on sleep mode for an hour.
The OEM battery would last 4.5-5 hrs. Mild-heavy use, & would get quite hot.

Upvote 0
heres a thread that may help:

"your link is messed up"/QUOTE]

Fixed:
http://androidforums.com/android-lo...-vs-samsung-galaxy-sii-ultimate-face-off.html
I agree with your review of both devices, & basically scored it the same.
I'm coming from the BB world so my opinion i'sn't quite biased yet since I've only had this phone for a few weeks.
I've said it before, I don't hate Samsung products @ all.
Both devices have their strengths, & their weaknesses.
It all came down to the feel,form, & function for me.
Everyone & their great grandmas have Samsungs, I wanted something different, I didn't want to be part of a majority much like the "Crapple" crowd.
Even after reading all those "faceoff" threads I still chose the HTC.
I found the Samsung fanbois too, defensive.

I enjoyed hearing what the HTC crowd had to say, & found their input very helpful.
Thats what swayed me toward the purchase my HTC.

check that thread again (sensation vs galaxy S2)

the opposition could not defend the s2 when i mentioned the build quality close to the end. Ha ha ha. :D

the s2 is a great device but not even the samsung fan boys could deny the sensation having a much better build quality....but yet they still tryed to defend the S2 :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones