• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How long does it take your DHD to becomes "usable" after booting?

kingdave

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Manchester
Forget about doing a fast boot. I'm talking about the rare occasion where you have disconnected the battery and had to start up from scratch.

I'm a little worried that there's something wrong with my phone. Whenever it has been off with the battery out (or I've mounted it as a disk drive on my PC) it takes forever, well 3-5 mins, for the SD card to become mounted and useable.

It will sit there for a a while with all my installed to SD apps displaying an Android logo like the Market logo. If I click on the icon it tells me the app is no longer installed on my system.

Is this normal? How long does your SD card take to become available in the phone after reboot/mounted on a computer?

... It will sit there for a a while with all my installed to SD apps displaying an Android logo like the Market logo. If I click on the icon it tells me the app is no longer installed on my system....

I had this issue with the DHD too.

My solution was to move the apps back to the phone storrage.
With the DHD's about 1GB phone storage this isn't a problem ;)

And I unchecked 'Fast Boot'.
I think the DHD needs about 3 minutes to start and mount the SD card.
Next time I'll look at my watch :)

Harry

Upvote 0
Is it specific apps or when you unmount from the PC or turn on after the battery is out nothing works? It just sits there trying to load everything back?

I think this is normal btw but it is taking long for you. I have a similar thing with Go Launcher, when i unmount from my PC everything goes back to stock so i have to wait there about 10seconds for everything to become normal again. I find even that long, i would think its the fact you have apps on the SD card.

Is the SD card full or nearing full? I don't think you can move anything that shouldn't be on the SD card anyway but a few custom apps warn you not to move it to the SD card but still give you the option to do so.

Upvote 0
Ok what the hell part of this is happening to me.

Takes about two minutes to mount the SD, after which icons start reappearing and widgets get their skins back except 12 of my icons become invisible. I use desktop visualizer on them to make them look like a windows7 grid system, they all work but are invisible. Only a restart fixes it.

Good thing i don't connect my phone to my PC alot.

Upvote 0
I have about 4gb left on a 16gb card, not the original one that came in the box but a Samsung one bought from Amazon.

The other weird thing my DHD does is force close Sense before you can use the SD card apps. Phone starts up as described above, wait a few minutes, Sense force closes, then once restarted the SD apps are available for use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones