• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long to wait to send back?

Jerome10

Jul 9, 2011
I continually have the long press problem. Last update seemed to make the tablet a bit snappier but typing is still what I would consider really disappointing.

Still missing keys, still stuck long presses with just a tap. Still not registering taps. And typing basically constantly lags regardless of app or browser.

Its enough to generally ruin the experience. No lie. It is just so clunky that I find I'm grabbing my galaxy s3 more often than the nexus... Because the galaxy simply works. Lightning fast, types like a dream. No missed presses, nothing funny. Love the phone.

Its too late to return the nexus. I'm on my second due to a dead pixel on the first.

I don't want to give up, I'd like a working tablet. So do I send this to Asus now or wait until fixes confirmed? Also a problem is I travel around the world a lot so getting time to send it in and get back to me is a pain. My problem but being without the tablet a month or two also would bug me.

I'm no tablet expert. I've basically used this, the galaxy s3,nexus 4 phone, and an ipad mini that belongs to my sister. I can safely say this tablet is the worst of all of them due to the usability problems from this pos screen issue. The others just work. This one I just want to throw against the wall sometimes.

The specs are impressive, screen is great. Should be fast. Price is great. But I am starting to hate this thing and regret spending my hard earned money on it. All those others are great. Yeah the apple costs more and screen isn't as nice, but it's smooth as silk. You don't even notice it. Same with the phones. The Nexus 7 is more disappointing by the day.

So, do I send it in now or wait? Any recourse for just getting money back?

Wanted to love this thing... Just wish I hadn't bought it. Been 2 months now and still not fixed. No confidence software will fix this touch issue or the typing lag. Thing is I have zero confidence if I send it in that that will fix anything either...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones