• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How many apps can you get on your homescreen?

cwepruk

May 25, 2010
I'm only getting 8 on the left, 6 in the center and 8 on the right. I've seen pics of more (up to 16 per screen), but when I drag apps on, they don't stay.

Am i missing something/ Search and google found me nothing.

I'm also barely making it through the day with battery life. It's only my second charge, but i had wifi/bluetooth turned off, juice defender activated in most modes, app killer working with very few apps running and the battery can barely make 16 hours. I'd would think I should be able to get 2 days out of it if everything is turned off and the phone isn't in use.

cwepruk

Can't assist much regarding the apps on the homescreen but regarding the battery that is a well publicised item on this forum.

I had similar problems and over time it does get better. I am getting a couple of days out of mine now (depending of course what I do with it). Juice defender and the app killer do improve things. Also, do you need 3G working or trying to work - I am unable to get 3G in my area so am dependant on 2G which I am convinced is on a reduced power.

My personal suggestion is to fully charge the battery and let it run down till the phone switches off. Do this a few times and you will see an improvement in the battery. It is a known issue but try a search on this forum to see others thoughts - this is a worldwide issue with the battery/X10 not just here in the UK - which from your alias I am assuming your are in UK. Hope this assists a bit?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't use Juice defender unless you're a heavy user

Here's some other stuff I do mine's on day 2 at 55% and it was on for about 19hrs yesterday

>Discharged about 4 or 5 times (you notice an improvement after the 2 or 3rd)
>Use quick settings to turn off wifi and APN (don't worry you get a notification if you get picture messages you can just turn on APN and get it)
>Turn down the screen brightness (also using quick settings)
>I don't have the timescape widget on any of my home screens or use it at all (I find it annoying getting mundane facebook alerts from everyone in my friend list! and I don't do twitter)
>I use task killer but I read a link somewhere on here saying its not that effective as processes restart anyway and Android automatically shuts things down when they're finished doing there thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones