How much juice does the juiceplotter juice?

Last Updated:

1. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wondered if anyone knew how much battery power the Juice Plotter application actually used as it is monitoring the battery?

I'm reminded of a rather embarassing situation when I recently acquired an energy monitor for my house. I went round switching everything off, and couldn't understand why electricity was still being used. A few hours later, I realised that the energy monitor itself was using the power to do the monitoring.

I just wondered if I would be better off getting rid of it altogether?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. scotch whisky

scotch whisky Member

My Desire losses about 2% overnight with or without "Juice Plotter" so I think it is negligable.

3. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

I am fairly sure that running any application to monitor your battery life is draingin more battery than it should.

What's wrong with the standard display?

IMO anything that monitors something is usually using up something more that it should. Hence less effective.

And I bet if you have a battery monitor installed you will no doubt check it more to check!! doubling the amount of time you are using the battery!

leave the battery alone, it's doing a hard enough job as it is!

4. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm inclined to agree with this, it's just that the graph is so great to look at, but like you said the more I look at it, the more battery it will use.

It's different with the home energy monitor because that's on all the time.

I may de-install on this basis. :cool: