• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much space on the androids

coroni

Lurker
Dec 14, 2010
Hi, i'm tentatively thinking about buying an android as a new phone but i have some questions that i haven't been able to solidly answer.

1. How much storage (NOT RAM) do the androids have.

2. Can i sync it with my itunes? My ipod recently broke and i heard form a friend that you can just use a cheap app to sync your droid with itunes.

3. With SD cards would i have enough space to store a 14GB itunes library

that is all :) thank you for your time and responses. :D

Hi, i'm tentatively thinking about buying an android as a new phone but i have some questions that i haven't been able to solidly answer.
I will try....
It varies.
A lot of devices are coming with 'internal storage' as well as expandable via SD cards.
My Droid X has 8GB of internal storage as well as a 16GB SD card.
That means I can install more apps than I could possibly use.
MP3s and other media live on the SD card and there are 32GB sd cards so I don't think you will have much trouble with storage.
2. Can i sync it with my itunes? My ipod recently broke and i heard form a friend that you can just use a cheap app to sync your droid with itunes.
This I am not too sure about.
I think you can with Doubletwist and I am sure someone can elaborate on that more.
3. With SD cards would i have enough space to store a 14GB itunes library
Without a doubt. Need more space? buy a larger SD card.

Upvote 0

If you haven't been able to answer this question then you haven't looked at the specs for the devices you're considering. Definitely look at the specs and evaluate how they fit your needs/wants.

Can i sync it with my itunes? My ipod recently broke and i heard form a friend that you can just use a cheap app to sync your droid with itunes.
There are a number of sync options. DoubleTwist is popular but it isn't the only option out there. Search the forums and you'll find plenty of existing discussion on the options. If you need help searching, ask.

With SD cards would i have enough space to store a 14GB itunes library
Depends on the SD card. As stated above, if the card that comes with the device isn't large enough you can buy a larger one. Again, what comes with the device depends on the devices you're looking at. Android devices don't all come with SD cards of identical capacity.

Definitely do your research. If you need help in doing so people will be happy to help but you need to take some initiative and checking out the features and specs and checking out devices in person is the least that you can do while shopping for a device.

Upvote 0
Need a bit of clarification.

There's internal SD. Then there's external SD. And then there's the internal phone storage. Internal phone storage is where the apps are installed. You can access this folder, but you cannot modify it without root.

The galaxy S has 16 GB of internal SD, but only 2 GB is classified as the internal phone storage. AKA you can only install up to 2 GB of apps. Under most circumstances this is more than enough.

The exact size of the internal phone storage is usually NOT available on the system specs. You will need to dig around a bit on the internet to find this information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones