• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How often do you backup your ROM?

Just wondering how often you guys backup your roms? lately it seems iv been doing it often cus i have my velocity3 and all my apps just the way i like it but i still want to test out new stuff. I was just thinking, do you guys just back them up when you feel its necessary or do you have a schedule and do it once a week or something?

I'll do a backup of all user apps + system data and backup the rom itself before and after installing a new rom. If I install any new apps after that point I'll just back them up individually.

Upvote 0
I only backup when I am about to make some drastic change to my phone, like trying a new ROM or making changes to my current ROM (removing a stock app i'm unsure of, moving an app the /system folder, etc.). I also backup everytime I make a change and it works the way I want it too. That way I can go back to when my phone was working it's best.

Upvote 0
Well I must be the one of the only compulsive Backer uppers then.
I would say on average I back mine up once or more a day. :eek:

I like haveing the knowledge that I am not losing anything. It has saved my butt more than once.
I also use Titanium backup alot as well.

But I am constantly playing with my phone trying all of these crazy ideas from ppl on this Forum. I love trying new Roms and tinkering. So if I dont back up so often It could be bad. LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones