• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to access remotely a windows PC without the need to install a program on the pc?

VNC does not require anything to be installed on the PC I want to access ?

How does the person behind the PC has to give me permission to control his PC ? how does that work ?

No, it does, my bad. You'd have to install a VNC server on the PC, like TightVNC or UltraVNC.

What about a remote desktop app like Team Viewer (depending on the OS version on the PC)?

Upvote 0
The only way I can think of is setting up a VPN. Everything else is going to require a program to be installed on the PC. Most versions of windows will allow you to setup a VPN server.... and then android can connect via VPN.

There are different instructions for setting up VPNs on each version of windows so you'll want to look up the directions for your particular version and have some understanding of how to set it up.

There is built-in VPN access in Android, or you can install a 3rd party VPN app from the market.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
The only way I can think of is setting up a VPN. Everything else is going to require a program to be installed on the PC. Most versions of windows will allow you to setup a VPN server.... and then android can connect via VPN.

There are different instructions for setting up VPNs on each version of windows so you'll want to look up the directions for your particular version and have some understanding of how to set it up.

There is built-in VPN access in Android, or you can install a 3rd party VPN app from the market.

I think you are thinking of RDP, not VPN. To allow an RDP connection to the pc, it will have to be configured with administrator rights.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones