• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to add locales to Galaxo 1.6.3.3?

N

nightcrow

Been using Galaxo 1.6.3.3 for quite some time now and it's fast, stable and tweakable. Only thing that lacks is the support of Dutch locales. Tried the app MoreLocale 2 however this only changes the language of the homescreen menu. Settings e.g. remain English.

In XXJC2 Dutch locales are included so I was wondering if it's possible to copy them to Galaxo 1.6.3.3. Anyone knows how to do this? Seems like some Tai managed to install Tai fonds by replacing Sans Droid in system/fonts. Don't think this adds languages though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Been using Galaxo 1.6.3.3 for quite some time now and it's fast, stable and tweakable. Only thing that lacks is the support of Dutch locales. Tried the app MoreLocale 2 however this only changes the language of the homescreen menu. Settings e.g. remain English.

In XXJC2 Dutch locales are included so I was wondering if it's possible to copy them to Galaxo 1.6.3.3. Anyone knows how to do this? Seems like some Tai managed to install Tai fonds by replacing Sans Droid in system/fonts. Don't think this adds languages though.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think it's possible to just add languages like that, you'd have to change the whole update.zip and sign it. And even there, I wouldn't know how to add the language before signing it. I might be wrong though.

However, I once heard of an app, something like MoreLocale if I remember correctly. Looking for apps might be a solution for you. I never tried any and I don't know if the keyboard would change though.

Good luck with your issue.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's possible to just add languages like that, you'd have to change the whole update.zip and sign it. And even there, I wouldn't know how to add the language before signing it. I might be wrong though.

However, I once heard of an app, something like MoreLocale if I remember correctly. Looking for apps might be a solution for you. I never tried any and I don't know if the keyboard would change though.

Good luck with your issue.

Cheers mate for your advice. I was already afraid it would turn out to be harder than I hoped it would be. I will search for these apps and test some more. Might be that MoreLocale 2 doesn't work correctly in Galaxo because it's a custom rom. Will try it in JC6 and see how it goes.

First it's time to test GAOSP B2 :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones