• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to back up date b4 2.1 upgrade

weemic

Feb 18, 2010
calling all troops in the know!!!!

what do i have to do to my hero before the 2.1 upgrade hits the networks?

1 - my contacts
2 - my photos
3 - my apps

these are the three things i am concerned about?

do i save them all onto my laptop first? but how do i save the apps to my laptop?

my phone is not rooted or anything like that, just standard version.

1) How are the contacts saved? Google contacts get synced to google's servers when you have an internet connection. Sim contacts will be safe too. Only phone ones need to be backed up.

2)Photos are saved on the SD card and are all safe. The only ones I'm not sure about are contact photos.

3)Astro can back up all your apps. However, it won't restore the link to the market for the apps. (As far as I know that's only possible with root access).

Upvote 0
What is the latest os android version(firmware) for hero?
I haven't been around for sometimes,but i remember about 6 month ago here was some conversion about upgrading os very soon,has it happened or not yet?my phone has firmware version 1.5,is there any upgrade available for me?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones