• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change location on Droid?

jmilacek

Lurker
Nov 28, 2009
Hello,

I downloaded NBA League Pass Mobile because I am in Dayton, OH and Cavaliers games are rarely shown on Dayton's FSN. However, I've come to find out that this is a blackout area for League Pass. Does anyone know of a way to change the Droid's location so that League Pass thinks I am in a different city? I see there is a way on the iPhone, but I can't find anything for the Droid.

Thanks.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm usually at work when my Laker games are on, so I miss most of my games. I think I saw a location spoofing app before but I can't find it now.

However, I tried the app regardless and found some major hindrances:

1) wouldn't run at all over 3G

2) streaming was very slow and often interrupted for buffering every 5-10 seconds when watching anything over WiFi

Even if I could get around the blackouts, the rest of the app is just too limited to warrant $40 for half a season of basketball. Maybe next year I'll give it a second look.

Upvote 0
I too want to know this.
I think this would be a geolocation hack.
Some kindof root hack to spoof the phone into thinking you are at a different lattitude and longitude.

This would be great, as some radio apps are locations specific, and the stations where I currently live suck, I want to listen to my old stations where I used to live.

If somebody made a little app for this, with an on/off setting and ways to have several different custom presets, that would be great.

Kudos to anyone who will do this, I don't have the coding ability.

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones