• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How to change open source

damnlol ftw

Lurker
Mar 26, 2013
Hi, im just starting with app developing, and i was wondering if anybody would help me with this:

Basically im looking to make a type of "search and opens a custom page" type app, such as when you type in a word (maybe adding in suggestions to what you are typing) , and when you click the word you desire, it opens a page made by myself with data on it.

I have next to no experience on coding, so id like all the help i can get.

I found an opensource of a dictionary, sounds lame, but it's a generally close idea to what i would like to create.

My question: What part of this code would i edit? and what exactly would i put at that location? also, how do I create a custom page for it to go to when it click the said word ?

If anyone can please give me a nice guide, or even edit the code itself for me :p id be extremely thankful

Location of source: https://github.com/ralphleon/WordnikAndroid

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones