How to change to other CDMA networksSupport

1. AndroidMoo

AndroidMoo Well-Known Member

Is it possible to go from Metro PCS to another network like boost or virgin? I'm just asking in case this really happens.

Advertisement
    :
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

to my knowledge virgin mobile does not allow outside phones on there network. sorry :(
  3. AndroidMoo

No mod you can make to the phone to make it like a boost or virgin phone?
  4. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

yes it can be done but its complicated requiring a donor phone and its likely to be illegal
  5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Its called cloning and it is federally illegal and we can't talk about it here
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Our phones will still work until around 2015. My advice: sell it and get a LG Motion 4G. Or you can get it flashed to cricket legally. You have to find an authorized retailer.
  7. cortex_inside

cortex_inside Member

I thought esn cloning was only illegal if you were stealing another persons service or monitoring their calls.
  8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It's illegal if the TOS says it's illegal. Cricket allows cloning. MetroPCS does not. On cricket, to clone a phone, both phones must have same MIN, MDN, and PRL. On metro, both phones need same as before, but also MEID.
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

I think your thinking of flashing. To my knowledge (I could be wrong) cloning is VERY illegal
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Cricket will clone for you if you don't know how (and they know how).
  11. AndroidMoo

Are there any cricket stores in Miami that can clone the Optimus M to cricket?