• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to clear "Recent" items?

Kharl

Feb 22, 2013
HI guys!

i was very embarrassed when i was writing an email in my tablet (k-9), in front of some family members, when i tap to attach a photo to an email and it went to "Recent", there was some photos of a naked girl that i met (and was not my GF (thats why i got embarrassed).

I deleted those photos days ago, why are they still there as a "recent" items!?

even when i chose something different to "recent", like "images" the thumbnils are still there!

the same happened when i tried to upload a file form another app in my tablet, it showed me recent items and there was the same photos i deleted before..
why are they still appearing me, how can i delete it?

(i have android 4.4.3)

HI guys!

i was very embarrassed when i was writing an email in my tablet (k-9), in front of some family members, when i tap to attach a photo to an email and it went to "Recent", there was some photos of a naked girl that i met (and was not my GF (thats why i got embarrassed).

even when i chose something different to "recent", like "images" the thumbnils are still there!

the same happened when i tried to upload a file form another app in my tablet, it showed me recent items and there was the same photos i deleted before..

(i have android 4.4.3)

what device do you have? how are you deleting them? file manager?

Upvote 0
hi!
Thank you for your help!

i have a nexus 7 2013

i delete them with different ways, some pics form quickpics, sometimes from google gallery, sometimes with a file manager (neptune)

in this case, the photos were sent to me by hotmail i checked Hotmail thru opera, and i downloaded the photos, then i deleted wiht neptune

Upvote 0
hi!
Thank you for your help!

i have a nexus 7 2013

i delete them with different ways, some pics form quickpics, sometimes from google gallery, sometimes with a file manager (neptune)

in this case, the photos were sent to me by hotmail i checked Hotmail thru opera, and i downloaded the photos, then i deleted wiht neptune

did you delete them from your download folder? maybe use your pc to search for the pictures and delete them. or are they on your sd card.....if so you could copy the content to your pc and then re-format it, then move only the pics you want on your phone.

Upvote 0
did you delete them from your download folder? maybe use your pc to search for the pictures and delete them. or are they on your sd card.....if so you could copy the content to your pc and then re-format it, then move only the pics you want on your phone.

it does not matter if it is in a particular folder, (that btw, the downlaod folder is empty) it shows me recent photos from ay location.

they are in the internal memory (the nexus 7 2013 dont have external card slot (that would make it perfect :D)

Upvote 0
I was abklle to remove the files, i used the app, CLean Master, i used the function "clean Junk Files" this is not a solution forme because i dont like that app, it is too invasive, and lall the options are mixed with ads, and it is unccesarily crouded for the sight (even with a 7 inch screen device), what i want to know is WHAT did the app deleted that cleared the annoying phantom of those files

Upvote 0
Are not uploaded to some cloud source like G+, Dropbox or Photobucket, etc?

HI!

no, i have nothing that uploads anything to anywhere in this tablet (i have all the connectios blockerd or restricted and all apps that can upload something with thatfunction disabled (even when with a google device its almsot imposible) but when my device is connected to the internt the data transmited its barely accountable

Upvote 0
The images may still be in the Gallery cache. Try going into Settings/Apps/All/Gallery and select Clear cache. Restart the tablet and (hopefully) only those images physically present will now be shown.

Hi!

not necessarily, because pictures, in order to be cached in the gallery 's cache, must be loaded from the gallery, in my case it shows me all the pictures i have handled, with camera, downloaded ones, etc...

and anyway i tried cleaning the cache with no luck, i even disabled the gallery app (which btw i ddint like it) and still the same happens

Upvote 0
Here a photos of what is happening:

when sending an email, i tap on the attach option:

100_2478.jpg

Then i select recent files
100_2479.jpg

And there are the undesirable pictures (blacked out ones)
100_2480.jpg

i go back to tap on images instead recent
100_2481.jpg

and there are again but in the "Download" folder, but that folder is empty!
100_2482.jpg

The same happen with the wordpress app, when i am writing a post, when i click to attach a picture, the same menu (recent, images....) the same scenario...

Upvote 0
Well that looks like a google related gallery... Maybe. Just maybe you could reset your preferred apps so that that gallery is not used?

Only problem is your saying it happens in all galleries right?...

Well I would first check to see if google wanted to upload them as they are always asking "13 photos ready for upload" and get rid of them through there.. Its not fully uploaded, it just caches them, so maybe you could clear cache on google+ and all other google services while were at it to give it a good run for its money..

Upvote 0
Well that looks like a google related gallery... Maybe. Just maybe you could reset your preferred apps so that that gallery is not used?

Only problem is your saying it happens in all galleries right?...

Well I would first check to see if google wanted to upload them as they are always asking "13 photos ready for upload" and get rid of them through there.. Its not fully uploaded, it just caches them, so maybe you could clear cache on google+ and all other google services while were at it to give it a good run for its money..

yes
it happen wiht ny picture i see, download.
i have all upload services disabled my device shares very few information when connected to internet, outgoing data is almost nule when i am not doing something related, all update services, everything disabled

Upvote 0
Lol, she even sent you videos!? ;D be a real bro and share :D
Jj.

The best you can do is keep the pics (and vids) in a hidden folder by putting all of them in a folder and then naming it a full-stop e.g. '.Stuff'

On Samsungs there is a 'Dowloads' app, don't know if Nexus devices have it but what I'd also do is go into that app and click Clear List.

I hope that helps.

Ps. see you in the next episode of Cheaters :p

Upvote 0
Jj.

The best you can do is keep the pics (and vids) in a hidden folder by putting all of them in a folder and then naming it a full-stop e.g. '.Stuff'

On Samsungs there is a 'Dowloads' app, don't know if Nexus devices have it but what I'd also do is go into that app and click Clear List.

I hope that helps.

If anyone else wanted to know, this option works for the issue this guy was having. I just tried it on my Note 3 and it cleared all my recent downloads.

Upvote 0
Jj.

I hope that helps.

hahahaha!!!

its just a very close friend
and no I am not going to share it,, all for me:p

I tried the hidden folder, it works good.. but the "ghost of the other pictures remain when I hit recent, its a thumail issu because when I click on it the system says it does not exist and then it erases...

I have make a routine cleaning the junk files with CM.... I don'tlike CM because of so many annimations and so bloated image.. but... the junk cleaner works good... so that's my fix for now

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 300
Upvote 0
HI guys!

(i have android 4.4.3)

I had this same problem but a little different pic what I figured out was when I clicked on recent there was a little google drive symbol at the bottom corner (I already deleted Google photos and uninstalled that app) so I checked on drive and there was still a Google photos folder so I cleared it out and went into drive setting and turned off the picture back up feature and checked and the pictures were gone from the recent tab when tried to add an attachment (idk if this helps or if you already got it figured out but I thought I'd just share)

Upvote 0
I had this same problem but a little different pic what I figured out was when I clicked on recent there was a little google drive symbol at the bottom corner (I already deleted Google photos and uninstalled that app) so I checked on drive and there was still a Google photos folder so I cleared it out and went into drive setting and turned off the picture back up feature and checked and the pictures were gone from the recent tab when tried to add an attachment (idk if this helps or if you already got it figured out but I thought I'd just share)
This is what worked for me. I found the image I was trying to delete stuck in my google drive. I removed it and it went away. I also made sure to turn off all the back up features off on my phone even the lg back up feature. this worked on an LG G5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones