• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to copy/cut and paste??

try double tapping on a word(just as if you were to double click with a mouse), and it should highlight the word with a bar at the top allowing you to cut, copy, paste, etc. You can also long press on a word to select it and bring up the menu bar at the top.

=)

Thanks Derek... Would that work for a sentence or a paragraph also?:thinking:

Upvote 0
Yep, it should give you two arrows that look like they're pointing up, and they're your selection tool. if you drag the right arrow to the very end of where you want to select, and the left one to the very beginning of your selection, then you can copy/cut/paste the entire selection all at once.

Worked like a charm! :D

Upvote 0
I got the HackersKeyboard app from Playstore. Has a lot of features including up/down arrows and has a CTRL key so you can: Cut, Copy and Paste plus other stuff I'm still discovering.

A note: after downloading and installing it, when you enable that keyboard as your input method in Settings, a warning pops up which spooked me at first. But I went to their website and they said ignore it because it is a stock Android warning whenever enabling another keyboard other than the stock Android Keyboard. Of course, that's your call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones