How to copy/cut and paste??Support

1. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

I have not figured out how to copy or cut and paste text on my tablet... Any ideas? Thanks!:)

Advertisement
  2. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

try double tapping on a word(just as if you were to double click with a mouse), and it should highlight the word with a bar at the top allowing you to cut, copy, paste, etc. You can also long press on a word to select it and bring up the menu bar at the top.

=)
    godsdragon likes this.
  3. godsdragon

Thanks Derek... Would that work for a sentence or a paragraph also?:confused:
  4. DerekElensar

Yep, it should give you two arrows that look like they're pointing up, and they're your selection tool. if you drag the right arrow to the very end of where you want to select, and the left one to the very beginning of your selection, then you can copy/cut/paste the entire selection all at once.
    jyrod and godsdragon like this.
  5. godsdragon

Thanks for your help!
  6. godsdragon

Worked like a charm! :D
  7. DerekElensar

No problem, glad I could help! :D
  8. misuiki

misuiki Member

After tring a long hold if it will not word double press and if that won't work chances are its java text (can not be copy/pasted) hope i helped
  9. patw185

patw185 New Member

Have tried this - got it briefly, but disappeared before I could carry out procedure. Since then double tap increases print size, long hold brings up menu options Save Image, View Image, Set as Wallpaper. Any suggestions?
  10. intanet

intanet Member

I got the HackersKeyboard app from Playstore. Has a lot of features including up/down arrows and has a CTRL key so you can: Cut, Copy and Paste plus other stuff I'm still discovering.

A note: after downloading and installing it, when you enable that keyboard as your input method in Settings, a warning pops up which spooked me at first. But I went to their website and they said ignore it because it is a stock Android warning whenever enabling another keyboard other than the stock Android Keyboard. Of course, that's your call.
  11. bobolink

bobolink New Member

Doesn't work for me. If I long press, I get the edit menu, and can copy or cut with no problem.
    But when I go to paste it (into Gmail), I can't get the menu to come back.