• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Custom Icons For Your Droid X

I just want to have all options open :) Still can't decide which one i like better: stack, Pro or ADW.

Exact same issue here. I'd just like to customize both and see which I like best. I've installed LauncherPro and Home Switcher and the home button always takes me back to the LauncherPro home screen, even with the Moto launcher set as the default in Home Switcher.

I've uninstalled LP and Home Switcher now...going to reinstall both and see if that helps. I'll let you know if it works.

Upvote 0
mikeyfl........ thanks a lot, you had me chasing a damn bug on my computer screen for a couple seconds before i figured that crap out! Even thought for a split second that somehow it was inside my screen. Im clearly too sleepy to be up messing with all this lol.

Thanks for the cheap entertainment, and I wasnt even drinking tonite!

Upvote 0
Excellent intructions 2 question tho can you have sub folders in the ICON folder incase you/we might want to switch up icons at anytime?
2nd, can you/we make a folder called Wallpapers in that same dcim folder? i looked through all the folders when cell is plugged in and cant find where the stock wallpapers are incase i wanted to add more in that folder?

Also would like to ask this, since im fairly new to the EVO and havent done any mods yet still stock looking i like the weather widget it has now would i be able to use or find one in the market or somewhere else? that i can still use? Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones