• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to customize ringtone ?

ajrivers

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
Hi:
I'm new to the forum and also a new android user ( just got the phone this afternoon).
After played with it for a couple hours, I still can't figure out how to set customized ringtones. All I see in settings is the preloaded ringtones.
My question is : How do I load my own ringtones and use them? Do i just create a ringtone folder and what should i do from there? Or there are other ways?
Thank you a bunch~!

Yes, you have to create a folder named "ringtones" under the media/audio folder, and put the file you want in there. Same if you want a custom notification sound, you make a folder "notifications" in the same spot and drop the sound you want in there.

Not sure why but when I did my notification sound, and then later my ringtone sound, neither one showed up in the list of tones in the settings menu right away, they both showed up a little while later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones