how to disable double tap vlingo by accidentSupport

Last Updated: 2014-08-14 11:20:03
  1. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

Sometimes it register as a double tap and I'm in a class/meeting everyone hears "what would you like to do"
    how do i disable this feature or make this silent mode?

Advertisement
  2. semus

semus Well-Known Member

You need to freeze "Voice Command",
    if you don't know how go to This thread right here.

its quite easy, but it needs root.
  3. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

No i don't have root
    is there any other way to silence the voice talk completely
  4. semus

semus Well-Known Member

Not that i know of, sorry. but i hated it before i froze it, i think it's a good enough reason to root - the whole process of rooting and freezing, if you do it very slowly and carefully, shouldn't take more than 10 mins i think. and its pretty easy.

but there might be a different way :p
  5. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

Dont know if this what you wanted... but anyways:

Settings | Motion | uncheck "Double Tap".
  6. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

No I'm talking about vlingo
  7. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

No you need root.
  8. harkol

harkol New Member

You may need to root for removing Vlingo, but there is a way to turn off the stupid message.

1 goto Vlingo home screen (Voice talk screen)
    2 Press menu button
    3. Turn OFF Settings->Voice Talk Settings->Speak Prompts

This won't stop Stupid Vlingo from coming up accidentally, but atleast it won't hav e aloud voice message saying something annoying. Samsung has promised a fix to turn off Vlingo all together, lets hope they do it soon.
  9. harkol

harkol New Member

10. gpino

gpino New Member

I also have the same problem sometimes when i get out of a program with one hit on the home button ****in vlingo shows. Its totally random so i know its not a hardware issue. Does anybody know a solution?
  11. alexp86

alexp86 Member

12. sweden721127

sweden721127 New Member

I found an easy solution that doesn't require a root. Install some launcher, as Go Launcher ex. Then in the list of your menu you see the voice command. Hold your finger on it and then choose the x and then uninstall.
    wilburwilde likes this.
  13. deljones

deljones Member

Yes..... Yes.... That worked a treat.... Thank you so very much....

D
  14. addylove007

addylove007 New Member

I m xtrmly thankful to you Guys!!1
    Finally got rid of Vlingo.
    That Go Launcher Idea really worked.
  15. Gandham

Gandham New Member

I was able to remove it from my S2 running ICS using the "Go Launcher APP"

You can find the instructions here
    techbu.com/2012/07/01/how-to-disable-voice-talk-on-samsung-galaxy-s2
  16. tux1968

tux1968 New Member

It worked. Great.
    Samsung is giving poor support for such an expensive phone. Thankfully one can find good tips as this one.
  17. xagg

xagg New Member

After unsuccessful attempts to root my phone, I updated my galaxy 2 to Android 4.1.2 in order to disable Vlingo... only for it to be replaced with the equivalent by Google, a little bit less ugly but still very loud.

A solution is to use another app that can override the home button double tap launch. An option is 'utter!' from Google Play.

It doesn't block the screen and you can "mute in silent profile" in volume settings, and set silent profile round the clock in Advanced settings/accessibility/quiet times, for ex. set it between 10pm and 9:59pm.

Also don't forget to disable "Shake to wake", "Wave-to-wake", "Wake up phrase" to avoid consuming battery.