• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to downgrade from Custom Rom

dixielee

Jul 23, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have the Asus Transformer Infinity tf700t (without the dock).

It is rooted, has TWRP 2.8.5.0 installed and TF700 Cromi-X Deodex 5.4 10.6.1.27.5 WW (4.2.1) installed .....Kernel Version 3.1.10-10.6.1.14.8-that4+that@ws #3.

I am having a few problems with this rom, nothing dramatic, but I now would like to go back to the stock rom and have everything, stock standard as I bought it originally.

I downloaded from Asus, a stock rom WW_epaduser10_6_1_14_10_UpdateLauncher.zip and a Kernel Source Code JB_6_1_14_10_kernel.rar

I pasted a copy of the Rom on my Micro SD Card on the Tablet, booted into Custom Recovery (twrp) and attempted to install the rom zip file, but it failed...........so, I am obviously doing something completely wrong here and desperately need the advice and correct installation instructions, from someone who knows what they are doing. How do I install the rom and the kernel and in what order?

I am reasonably computer savvy, but please any helpful information you can give, would be greatly appreciated, but keep it simple, so I can understand.

Thank You..........Graham.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones