• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to enable Light Flow for text messages?

stephen65

Jun 25, 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
I've got a new LG G4 from Verizon and my Light Flow app works for charging, fully charged, calendar reminders, etc. Except that it doesn't work for text messages. I can test it and it will flash but it doesn't for actual messages.

I've looked at all of the settings both in the app and in Verizon Messages + and I can't find anything that is not checked like it should be.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I use the Verizon + messaging app. It does not come standard on my phone (Motorola RAZR Maxx). I have no issues getting text messages blinking in Light Flow.... I use Magenta for texts...I am rooted and using a ROM so I can get led to blink with the screen on... . My daughter has the Samsung Note 5. Also uses the Verizon app for texts. Not rooted or using Light Flow, but the message app still allows the notification to blink....

Upvote 0
It's an issue specific to the G4 by all accounts.

The problem first appeared on my G3 a few months ago after an update to both Light Flow and Messages +. After that I couldn't get Light Flow notifications for anything. Calendar, texts, battery charging, nothing. I tried completely uninstalling Light Flow and just going with Messages + notifications, nothing happened. I tried another LED notification app, nothing happened. But I didn't try Textra on the G3. That's why when I got this G4 and the problem was still there I was so surprised.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones