• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to enable your Sprint Nexus 5 to get Spark LTE

I just spent over 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint. I asked them how I could enable the Spark system on the phone. At first they told me it would not work, then it would, and then after checking with someone I was told, "No, it won't work with that phone." I'm sure I got two people that did not know what they were talking about. She was about to give me my MSL number and stopped just short of it. I quoted this from the Sprint site:
"This Sprint Spark capable, enhanced LTE device was designed to take full advantage of all three of Sprint's LTE bands to deliver our fastest data speeds ever offered and, improved in-building coverage. Sprint Spark enhanced LTE coverage is available in select markets," but it was like I was talking Chinese.
Tried calling SPRINT again the other day. She asked what I wanted my MSL for. She insisted that what I read on "the forum" was incorrect and that I would have to wait for the update. Crock of crapola?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones