• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to fix GPS (not a fix but a question)

blazeplacid

Jul 1, 2010
DFW TX
Is there really a way to fix the GPS issue?

I have tried downloading multiple apps. I have used GPS test and GPS status.
They dont do anything for the signal. GPS status downloads new GPS data and still nothing.I tried the manual rest of the GPS signal and had negative results. I've used other apps here and there and none do anything.

When I first got the phone the GPS locked on really fast and was perfect.

Now that I have had the phone two months the phone never locks. Sometimes it will pick up 1 sat but then it will lose it.

Google maps and facebook will find my location, but I think they are using the mobile/wifi network not GPS.

Google nav will not work because there is no GPS lock.

Is it possible that another app is messing with the signal??

Ive seen that you can root and then possibly fix the GPS config file :thinking::thinking::thinking:

what have you done to fix this issue?

Is there really a way to fix the GPS issue?

I have tried downloading multiple apps. I have used GPS test and GPS status.
They dont do anything for the signal. GPS status downloads new GPS data and still nothing.I tried the manual rest of the GPS signal and had negative results. I've used other apps here and there and none do anything.

When I first got the phone the GPS locked on really fast and was perfect.

Now that I have had the phone two months the phone never locks. Sometimes it will pick up 1 sat but then it will lose it.

Google maps and facebook will find my location, but I think they are using the mobile/wifi network not GPS.

Google nav will not work because there is no GPS lock.

Is it possible that another app is messing with the signal??

Ive seen that you can root and then possibly fix the GPS config file :thinking::thinking::thinking:

what have you done to fix this issue?

thats odd..if u did a factory reset an still no go then somethings wrong with your phone/gps...ive had my phone from day one and installed and uninstalled many many apps and my gps locks on perfect for google maps, nav, fb, gps test, and all the apps that use the gps.

Upvote 0
So i bought a unlock htc phone i live in the caribbean after a couple weeks i notice gps does not lock properly to the satelites to give an accurate location. After searching around on a few sights and installing a number of gps apps and fixes recomended rom the market nothing got the problem fixed .....darn this got me upset until i got real time gps installed very simple app i'm suree everyone might be familiar with .. In no time my gps was back to normal with fast and easy location access plus accurate it uses signal from cell towers just the same which makes it even better .. I taught i would share this eventhough the post is outdated someone like my self will find it usefull

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones