How to limit data transferSupport

Last Updated:

1. bisanu

bisanu Guest This Topic's Starter

hi guys, i am having a bit of problem. i bought a monthly 50MB package for surfing the net. now, because this is a low package which can easily be used i would like to know if there is a way to limit this usage to 50MB, or if there is an app that controls that. and now after my phone is connected to internet should i expect some data transfer while i'm not surfing?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. abesh

abesh Well-Known Member

Search the Android market for the APNdroid app. Lets you switch data on and off according to your convenience...

3. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Your Google Mail, Contacts and Calendars are synced in background (unless you turned that off), but that has more impact on battery, rather than on traffic consumption. Traffic-wise Google Sync should normally be well below 50mb per month, as attachments are not downloaded automatically. Your widgets may update currency exchange rates, download twitter/facebook/what-have-you updates, fetch weather forecast, etc. But again, this is not much traffic! You are probably surfing image-rich websites during the month. Consider using Opera Mini - in your case it should save a fortune and keep you within your monthly quota.

4. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

I have used the free app "3G Watchdog" in the past. It is a nice way to monitor your network usage, though, as Informale mentioned, I was so far below my limit (250 MB) I eventually quit using it as there was no need.

"APNdroid" is great for killing/restoring the data connection, but may not be of much use in your situation without also knowing how much bandwidth you have used.