How to lock phone immediately?Support

Last Updated:

1. Pungh0Li0

Pungh0Li0 Member

I'm probably being dense, but I have searched before posting.

I have my phone set to wait 15 minutes before locking so I don't have to keep swiping my pattern every time I pick the phone up. But... sometimes I want to lock it immediately. Is there some easy way to lock the phone? I can't find it.

Thanks, Joe

Advertisement
  2. BlankDEP

BlankDEP Well-Known Member

I could be misunderstanding what you mean, but if you just push the power button it turns the screen off, and I could be wrong, but it also locks it...I don't have a lock pattern or anything set up though so I'm not sure
  3. Pungh0Li0

Pungh0Li0 Member

Sorry, that doesn't lock it. I have it set to wait 15 minutes.
    There should be a way to lock it immediately if I choose. I might be wrong.
  4. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

If you push the top button near the headphone jack, it will lock your phone. Unless you did something strange to your phone.
  5. Pungh0Li0

Pungh0Li0 Member

Again...That won't lock it because I've set it to wait 15 minutes to lock.
    Sometimes I would like to lock immediately though.

Anybody?
  6. hover

hover Member

How did you set it to wait fifteen minutes until lock. If we knew that, then we might be able to help you a bit better.
  7. Pungh0Li0

Pungh0Li0 Member

Settings>Security>Lock phone after>15 Minutes
  8. Angels Punishment

Angels Punishment Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there is a way, but apparently there's a large language barrier in this thread. I understood what you meant from the start.

EDIT: Try the app: Lock Screen Widget or the app Invisible Lock Widget?
    Pungh0Li0 likes this.
  9. Pungh0Li0

Pungh0Li0 Member

Thanks, I'll check those out.
    Just thought I was missing some trick.
  10. JimmyBobs

JimmyBobs New Member

I have the same problem as the original poster. I was hoping to see a solution here. First let me state that, just like the OP, I want it to lock the screen ***and then present me with the 4-digit PIN SECURITY screen*** when I unlock it (by sliding). I had "LockScreen" installed on my Motorola Droid X and it did exactly that! However, I cannot get that app or any other "lock screen" apps to do this on my HTC Incredible. I don't know if I got lucky with "LockScreen" that it did this on the Droid X, or if there's something different about the Incredible where none of these apps are capable of doing this.

I have it set to Lock (as in requiring the 4-digit PIN to get access again) after 15 minutes, because having it set to immediate would be a pain. However, there are times, like leaving my desk for a few minutes where I want the phone SECURED immediately with my PIN. What app will do this?! Thanks!