• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Lock Samsung note app?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hi,

How to set a password or fingerprint lock to Samsung Note app so whenever I tap the app it will request password or fingerprint? Does it require 3 party app or Samsung secure folder or something else? Thanks.

I only found how to lock individual Samsung notes inside the app after opening the app, e.g. the guides below

"Samsung Notes features and settings
Lock your notes: If you want to keep some notes private (like your poetry collection), you can lock them. Open your desired note, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap the Lock icon. Next, follow the on-screen prompts to create a password for your note.
Note: If you want to change the password, navigate to Samsung Notes' settings, tap Note unlock methods, and then tap Change password. A Samsung account is required to lock notes." source Use Samsung Notes features and settings

Hi,

How to set a password or fingerprint lock to Samsung Note app so whenever I tap the app it will request password or fingerprint? Does it require 3 party app or Samsung secure folder or something else? Thanks.

I only found how to lock individual Samsung notes inside the app after opening the app, e.g. the guides below

"Samsung Notes features and settings
Lock your notes: If you want to keep some notes private (like your poetry collection), you can lock them. Open your desired note, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap the Lock icon. Next, follow the on-screen prompts to create a password for your note.
Note: If you want to change the password, navigate to Samsung Notes' settings, tap Note unlock methods, and then tap Change password. A Samsung account is required to lock notes." source Use Samsung Notes features and settings

None what so ever, been using it,but I do not locking up the app itself, you can throw the documents away, giving within thirty days to reserect them if you chose to though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones