1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How to make application show in front of standby screen

Last Updated:

1. zhuzxy

zhuzxy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I am trying to make an application which will triggered by SMS, and show in front of the standby screen. My application will only use a small portion of the full screen, and the background is the android standby screen. I have searched some android examples but those application will always fill full of the screen, can anyone give me some guideline on how to make an such application?
    It shall looks like that
    ------------------
    | |
    | |
    | the android |
    | system |
    | background |
    | |
    |-----------------|
    | my app |
    |-----------------|
    | |
    -------------------

Thanks
    xyz

Advertisement
  2. Drybones5

Drybones5 Active Member

Do you mean how the Galaxy S phones have a slide out music player control app on the lock screen? like that kind of stuff?

3. zhuzxy

zhuzxy New Member This Topic's Starter

"Do you mean how the Galaxy S phones have a slide out music player control app on the lock screen? like that kind of stuff?

"Yes, Just like that kind of stuff, Or like the google search bar in the android default screen.

4. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is of any help but there is an app that lets you add widgets and shortcuts to the lock screen. Widget Locker I think it is called.

When the screen comes on you can have different sliders for different functions along the side, same as Galaxy S answering mechanism. Very useful for going straight to Phone, Camera etc.