• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to make application show in front of standby screen

zhuzxy

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
Hi,
I am trying to make an application which will triggered by SMS, and show in front of the standby screen. My application will only use a small portion of the full screen, and the background is the android standby screen. I have searched some android examples but those application will always fill full of the screen, can anyone give me some guideline on how to make an such application?
It shall looks like that
------------------
| |
| |
| the android |
| system |
| background |
| |
|-----------------|
| my app |
|-----------------|
| |
-------------------

Thanks
xyz

Hi,
I am trying to make an application which will triggered by SMS, and show in front of the standby screen. My application will only use a small portion of the full screen, and the background is the android standby screen. I have searched some android examples but those application will always fill full of the screen, can anyone give me some guideline on how to make an such application?
It shall looks like that
------------------
| |
| |
| the android |
| system |
| background |
| |
|-----------------|
| my app |
|-----------------|
| |
-------------------

Thanks
xyz

Do you mean how the Galaxy S phones have a slide out music player control app on the lock screen? like that kind of stuff?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones