• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Make Samsung Use Audio not Video Voicemail

startac4

Apr 13, 2020
Every time I get a voicemail Samsung notification makes it available directly only as video voicemail. I don't want to download that Samsung app with whatever terms/conditions it has.. To listen to it as audio I have to go to the Contacts, search for Samsung voicemail phone number, and then call it. How can I set so that the notification will take me directly to audio voicemail? That's how it works on my other LG phone.

What do you mean "Samsung voicemail number"? Voicemail is a carrier service, not a manufacturer one.

I don't know how US carriers set things up, but what happens if you open the phone keypad and press and hold the "1" key, which on every phone I've ever owned hasa voicemail icon under the numeral? I'd expect that to be a shortcut to voicemail.

If it's not set up, try pressing the 3 dot icon in the corner of the screen (while viewing the keypad), select Settings, Voicemail and enter your voicemail number there (assuming your carrier hasn't messed with the dialer - I never buy phones through carriers so that I don't have to worry about such things).

Upvote 0
Every time I get a voicemail Samsung notification makes it available directly only as video voicemail. I don't want to download that Samsung app with whatever terms/conditions it has.. To listen to it as audio I have to go to the Contacts, search for Samsung voicemail phone number, and then call it. How can I set so that the notification will take me directly to audio voicemail? That's how it works on my other LG phone.
I've never seen that on a Samsung phone. Is it a carrier version phone you've got there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones