• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to: Marking where i parked my car in google navigation maps

neotrixy

Jan 13, 2011
This is what I want to do:

I want to be able to click a button and mark my gps coordinates in Google's Maps/Navigation app. This way I can mark where I parked my car at when I go downtown on the weekends, and then after I have a few drinks and have no idea where I parked, I can pull up google navigation and have it direct me back to my car. *Note: Sometimes i might end up a mile or two away if I end up at some chicks place, so finding out how to do this is kinda crucial.

So, I think this should be simple enough to do, but, I have tried everything and searched everywhere on the net for a solution, but can't figure it out.

I've been told the way to do it is pullup google maps in the browser, write down the address of where i am, and save it as a destination. But this is a complete pain in the ass, and sometimes I can't find an exact address, or if i can, it could end up being a block away from where my car actually is.

I'm sure millions of people could benefit from this knowledge, so if anyone knows of a way, they would be a god among men!

Thanks in advance!

Here, let me give you a real life example.

Last weekend, I go out with some friends to an unfamiliar part of town. I have a few drinks, meet a chick who's DTF, take a cab back to her house, few hours later, get up, and now I have to figure out where the hell my car is, where the hell i am in relation to my car, and most importantly, how the hell to get to my car.

It's pretty sad if Google really never incorporated a simple tag or bookmark where you are script for there google maps. But yeah, I guess I'll be using on of the other apps.

Thanks guys.

Upvote 0
Here, let me give you a real life example.

Last weekend, I go out with some friends to an unfamiliar part of town. I have a few drinks, meet a chick who's DTF, take a cab back to her house, few hours later, get up, and now I have to figure out where the hell my car is, where the hell i am in relation to my car, and most importantly, how the hell to get to my car.

It's pretty sad if Google really never incorporated a simple tag or bookmark where you are script for there google maps. But yeah, I guess I'll be using on of the other apps.

Thanks guys.

lol @ you actually using "DTF" in a conversation... :D

Upvote 0
There is also one called Carrr Matey.

chart

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones