• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to play pandora through my phone through the car's speakers....

dale273

Lurker
Jun 4, 2011
Hey everyone!

I have a problem I am not exactly sure how I want to handle this. I really love my HTC Desire and especially Pandora. I have a 2002 Toyota Camry without JLB Premium sound package and/or navigation. I would like to be able to hook my HTC Desire up to the radio.

Unfortunately, I do not have an AUX jack to plug my phone's headset jack into. I really do not want to have to buy another head unit as I have the original Toyota factory radio. I really hate it when thieves break into your car to steal your radio.

I talked to a crutchfield advisor and they said I would need 2 parts that have to be attached to the back of the radio with wires hanging out the front. I really did not like this idea as it would cost me a little over $250.

So, I started looking at Head Units. Can I buy a toyota radio that has a aux jack on the front of it? I have no idea which unit to get other than the ones that would fit the dash. In other words do all head units work with HTC Desire's and Pandora or is this a waste of money?

Thanks
Dale

Any head unit with an AUX in should work. There is no reason to belive otherwise. Or, for even better functionallity a head unit with a2dp bluetooth compatability can stream from pandora off your phone and control song selection from the unit so you don't have to pick the phone up while driving. This is the ideal setup but not that many units support it. You need to do some research on modern toyota units.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones