• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to record FM radio?

>fm radio coming from the phone itself, or from another source?
Of course from the phone!

>but try to find the radio station on your pc and record it with audacity or any other recording software.
No, I want to record radio from the phone.

My Cowon D2, for example, can record fm radio, why it is so difficult with phone?

Upvote 0
I don't think there is an app for that..

..but often tried and trusted methods work very well..
1300AV.jpg

Upvote 0
If the output of the fm tuner is analog and going straight to an amp, it won't be possible. If it's digitized and is going through all the sound chips it may very well be possible it's just that someone has to figure out how to capture that audio (possibly different on every model) and write up an app for it. I would think a phone would have more than enough power to encode to mp3 in real-time, I had a little single AAA creative mp3 player the size of a lighter 6 years ago that could do fm->mp3.

Upvote 0
If your phone doesn't have an FM radio (most don't), you can't record it. If you're talking about recording from an external FM radio... then this app should work (or any other recording app). My Galaxy Player has FM radio, but I prefer Tune-in. Built in FM radios are pretty much useless unless you have no cell or wifi signal... I prefer my MP3 songs at that point.

Upvote 0
I don't think there is an app for that..

..but often tried and trusted methods work very well..
1300AV.jpg

Turns out there is an app for that. :)

My current Chinese Lenovo phone can record the FM radio, Theres a red "Record" button in the stock FM radio app. That's something I've never seen on a phone before. But then this phone has an FM transmitter app as well. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones