How to recover sms?Support

Last Updated:

1. TDmkr28

TDmkr28 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I rooted my phone and used a file manager to find my messages in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db. My question is what do I do now to restore them. I'm not familiar with the whole adb command sort of stuff

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, TDmkr28!
    There's a couple apps out there to help you backup/restore SMS. One is Titanium Backup (which I personally use). It will backup any app with data if/when you need to wipe your phone.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&hl=en

Did you wipe your phone before rooting without backing up your SMS beforehand? If so, you will have lost them.

3. TDmkr28

no, for some reason one day when I was texting all my sms were gone, so I rooted my phone and found them in the file I listed above. I just want to know how to get them back to where I can see them as texts

4. TDmkr28

To clarify I did not delete my sms messages, I was just texting one day and then all of a sudden they were gone. I rooted my phone and downloaded Root Browser Lite and located the sms in the file listed above. However I am asking how to get these from a file to the point where I can view them as texts again?

5. SGSI

SGSI Well-Known Member