How to remove Widget?Support

1. barryyam

barryyam Well-Known Member

How to remove widget in the home page not uninstall?

Advertisement
    :
  2. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

Press key-menu (the first button which you use to unlock the phone)a menu will come, select arrange widgets option. This will let you Add, move or remove widgets....
  3. barryyam

There is no arrange widget option after pressing key-menu.
    Where can I get google search with voice icon widget?

Thxs
  4. suhel28

E
    are you sure you don't get the option... are not pressing key menu on your homescreen..????

I don't know about the Google thing you're asking about though
  5. suhel28

6. suhel28

[​IMG]

Don't you get something like this
  7. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Can we just confirm that you have an Xperia X8 and are running it with the stock launcher not a third party one like ADW?

The google search widget is available on your phone, on mine it is in the widget list called 'Search' but your location will dictate whether it has the microphone symbol as this is not available on all phones.
  8. suhel28

The microphone symbol will only come if you've Google Voice installed on your phone.

sony doesn't give voice recognition package on x8 however installing google voice it automatically installs the voice recognition package.

but the problem is Google voice is not available in all the countries
    however a certain version of it is around the interenet which lets you get it on your phone ;)
  9. barryyam

sorry, how to remove widget in ADW homepage.
  10. kiz1983

kiz1983 Well-Known Member

juz long press n drag it to grid icon at the center bottom to remove it.. stay there for a while to uninstall it..
  11. barryyam

got it.
  12. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

Doesnt work for the stupid PirateWidget though...:(
    N.
  13. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

That's curious. I've seen some widgets or apps that don't uninstall via an uninstaller. Maybe for the pirate widget you have to go to settings>application>manage, find it there and click "uninstall". I've found a workaround for this and not only. After a session of market and loads of app downloading, I use the Shake Uninstaller. I open it, I run the apps I've installed, and if I don't like them, I just shake my phone (literaly) and the app uninstalls. The drawback for widgets is that it has to have a settings menu or any kind of menu, in which you can shake your device.
  14. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

Thanks! I just got an ADW update this morning (the latest,with the recycle bin on the top part of the main desktop) and it unistalled just fine! ;)
    You know,I couldnt find the PirateWidget on my app list at all till now.
    N.