• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to restore uninstalled Google Play Services version.

D

Deleted User

I had 3 related Google issues, now 2.
After 5 months my phone updated Play Services from 1 August to 1 January, along with a mild OS update and Security patch.

I have been having intermittent problems with many Google services saying Network not available (Maps, Weather, You Tube, Google Pay!, Manage Your Google account).
This can be accompanied by my Google Avatar changing from my P user name to my T real bame, or a blue head and torso drawing.

This is while everything else is running and I have speeds between 50 and 240 Mbps in the same spot.

Sometimes it will then connect to Google via wifi, not always. Rebooting doesn't work.

I know on the App Info screen for Google Play Services you can switch Mobile Data off, (confusing to know which way disables Mobile data) and I had that off for a while, troubleshooting, until I remembered, but no great difference.

Finally I thought the pushed OEM updates had cured it but only temporarily again.

I had cleared Cache before this, and later data - and now yesterday I uninstalled all updates in the hope it will recover itself. Its now on an old version. I left it on wifi only a few times. I don't regularly have wifi but can use another phone's sim or public wifi. Still no restored updates.

I have plenty of screenshots to show what I mean when I have time.

So - I can't access regular Google services on my Google account all the time, and can't get the Play Services app to restore, even though its up to date now on 1 January 2022.

Ideas?

(Xiaomi Poco F2 18 months old - I have another Xiaomi of the same age with no regular sim but on wifi in the evening and it updated much earlier to a higher OS version and had more regular updates, though it's technically inferior )

Should I seek medication? :thinking: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I know how much you love Google :)

It's what I can't do a lot of the time, which is use my device for basic stuff on the go.

Google Pay won't open though I only need it for certain things. You Tube cannot connect to the Network @200mbps.Your Google account cannot connect to the network, (yes I can log in, but I cannot go directly to the Password Manager etc, to access the coffee subscription QR code I usually get through Google Pay, I cannot look for the latest releases from channels on You Tube or open You Tube.

Many other things I think I will get back if the Play Services app recovers to the current version, though it remains up to the recent monthly update.

They will connect again when I hotspot off my other phone or connect to wifi temporarily, most of the time... so it's data and account or sim related as well, IDK.

These are some shots today or recently, but not every thing :
IMG_20220225_131942.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-19-05-910_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-17-38-245_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg IMG_20220225_131715.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-16-58-611_com.google.android.gms.jpg IMG_20220225_131649.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-16-26-585_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-16-12-953_com.android.chrome.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-14-27-494_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-06-15-568_com.google.android.youtube.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-13-12-25-629_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg IMG_20220225_113519.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-11-34-34-070_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-11-29-39-112_com.google.android.youtube.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-09-35-23-303_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-11-34-34-070_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg IMG_20220225_113519.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-07-01-01-341_com.android.chrome.jpg Screenshot_2022-02-25-07-00-12-940_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

some are duplicated, I'll fix later. some have gone back to showing a T for my Gmail address. P is normally the brown Avatar for my username changed a year ago.

Upvote 0
Are you using a VPN, TOR, or other proxy? Because occasionally the various Google services does block certain IP addresses that come via VPNs.

I'm always using VPNs to access Google's services, like Maps, YouTube, Gmail etc. And on occasions have found access is blocked, or Google shows CAPTCHAs before I can use things like YouTube, otherwise I see the YouTube "You're offline" messages.

Upvote 0
Use NewPipe instead of Youtube.
Youtube is another infuriating Google app.

I just LOOOOVE (sarc.) how they bury settings and how they KNOOOW (more sarc.) what I want, yet nothing works most of the time.

But always remember that it is 'dangerous' to get apps from anywhere but Google.

Uhh huh.
Sure.

Remember that the next time a popup claiming that your device is 28.1% infected and will be locked if you don't act now- and it links to some poop app on Google Play.

These ads are illegal, and the apps for sure are crap if the ads are a total sham- yet benevolent (cough, cough, <<gag>>) Google won't do anything about it.
Oh, and did I mention that there are hundreds (thousands?) of these apps on Google Play?

Upvote 0
VPN's? No. Not in my case, but thanks.

I'll have time to post better, older screenshots later to explain.
It's a shame no actual humans work at Google.
Ive just bought coffee with food I had a pre-paid subscription for. Grrr!
My bank has again messaged that I have removed my card from Google Pay (I hadn't) and Pay won't open.

It's a mess, although I've drafted this yesterday and things are connecting to Google servers for the time being, as before.

This is fundamentally ruining my smartphone use.

How can I get the Play Services app to reinstate the newest version. My other Xiaomi has it, and this had it with the very late OS, Security and Play Services monthly update 3 days ago, but Google servers started playing up again.

** ADDED....
..... So I cleared data and cache again, and Uninstalled the Play Services app updates to make it throw up and get better. It hasn't!

Upvote 0
Use NewPipe instead of Youtube.
Youtube is another infuriating Google app.

I just LOOOOVE (sarc.) how they bury settings and how they KNOOOW (more sarc.) what I want, yet nothing works most of the time.

But always remember that it is 'dangerous' to get apps from anywhere but Google.

Uhh huh.
Sure.

Remember that the next time a popup claiming that your device is 28.1% infected and will be locked if you don't act now- and it links to some poop app on Google Play.

These ads are illegal, and the apps for sure are crap if the ads are a total sham- yet benevolent (cough, cough, <<gag>>) Google won't do anything about it.
Oh, and did I mention that there are hundreds (thousands?) of these apps on Google Play?

Those are not my issues though. Google doesn't often recognise my one and only 10 year Google account on my phone, or won't connect with mobile data.

I ve no reason to ditch the You Tube channels I like to watch, not check the weather, use my Pay retail subscriptions, etc etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones