• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To How to root and install droid 2.1

update.zip=same error .. update=same error ??

that's odd, cuz i simply downloaded the file, renamed it update, put it onto the root of my sd, turn the phone off, turn it back on while holding x, and just update... go to menu> settings> apps> development> and uncheck usb debugging, and try updating again, if it doesnt work, try wiping and then updating

Upvote 0
if you're interested in installing 2.1 on your droid, here is my guideline for windows users [specifically windows 7]

FLASH BUSY BOX AND RECOVERY
1. Download AllDroid.org - Information by crotalusfreak [ctrl+click] and unzip it, now copy the folder named Tools to the root of your sdcard.
2. Next install the DroidRootHelper.apk to your phone.
3. Now run DroidRootHelper
4. Mount system
5. Rename recovery
6. Install busybox
7. Install flash image
8. Flash SirPsycoS's .12.0 recovery
9. Reboot recovery

The link for this part no longer has anything to download! Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Okay. Started from the beginning, attempting a Nandroid restore... Lots of dots... I like where this is going. Done and........................We had an Android guy peeing on an Apple logo. BUT! We have Android 2.1! However we also lost all our apps. But they're on my account. I'm not a fan of the peeing android. Anyway we could change that without going back to 2.0.1?

Upvote 0
Yeah I figured out this morning that keeping it mounted was causing the problem. Thanks a lot though. So I have a new problem though, whenever I start the format Data, System, and cache steps I keep getting bad block could not erase, any ideas?

did you download http://www.mediafire.com/file/yguzz11m2no/BCDMRS-20091219-1559.zip, extract it, take all of it and replace everything in your nandroid folder on your sd card with the extracted files? is usb debugging unchecked on your droid? do you also have your droid in recovery and plugged into your comp?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones