• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root the LG Leon/LG Power

rcunningham

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2015
The world of Android

Please Use at your own risk!!!!!!!!
This may brick your phone if you don't follow the steps

So you want to root LG Leon/Power eh? Rooting is the process of getting administrative rights to the phone so one can do customizations that aren't normally allowed. Rooting can make your phone into a beautiful artwork, the basic root user can still use many useful things such as, Custom boot animations (Get rid of that carrier one), uninstall system apps that annoy you, and much more. You can also flash custom ROMs (If they ever come out for one of these phones). You will need recovery to flash a ROM. This worked for me on the LG Power, so it should work on the LG Leon.

Root:

1. Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=12450 and download the file.
2. Open the downloaded file
3. Install it! It will tell you its bad, don't listen to that.
4. There will be a thing asking you to root, so press it. It can take around 20-30 seconds, and now you got root!
6. Your done! Enjoy your rooted phone!

81f0d434afd17fac1a6d2531c8115527.jpg

I will post download links here if anybody makes anything for the LG Leon or the LG Power. And thanks to @LitrosNub for suggesting KingRoot. If this does not work try this:
Hm, root.

Try Kingroot (English version will be on XDA)

1. Download KingRoot
2. Download Antutu Benchmark
3. Run Antutu until it gets to 10% then switch to King and click Root
4. ???

I found this out on Stock 10C on L70, also works on another Metro devices, the Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2.

Downside if rooted: Uninstall KingUser (KingRoot's SuperSU-like management app), it will unroot it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerdgone
What do you mean? The Antutu part? You need to add more details.
Hm, root.

1. Download KingRoot
4. ???

I found this out on Stock 10C on L70, also works on another Metro devices, the Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2.

Downside if rooted: Uninstall KingUser (KingRoot's SuperSU-like management app), it will unroot it.

Upvote 0
Hm, root.

1. Download KingRoot
4. ???

Ok. I did not do that but I still got root. I will add that.

Reactions: LitrosNub
Upvote 0
@mrrom @rcunningham
Pretty much any app that can do r/w works. So all apps pretty much work because of that. Some devices get rooted and can't even use simple root apps since they use r/w. Since it looks like some apps can use r/w. All apps can use r/w. No need to check
Ya. A list of apps that work is crazy.

Reactions: mrrom
Upvote 0
We need a recovery to get xposed to work. It's a new lollipop thing. I will build one this weekend for the LG Power and if I have time I will make one for the LG Leon. Would you guys rather have TWRP or CWM?
Don't you first need a bootloader unlock? or you gonna use some Loki/another patch for LG Devices

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones