How to set wallpaper without croppedSupport

Last Updated:

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I have downloaded some gs3 wallpapers from zedge..
    When i set them from gallery it needs to crop them ?

Can i set them without cropping?

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Is it truly cropping them or just asking you to place the grid over the picture?
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Don't forget touchwiz wants a 720x1280 res wallpaper without scrolling so if you have 1440x1280 you will crop or have borders.

I use quickpic and go launcher so no issue here but maybe there was a scrolling wallpaper app touchwiz users needed?
    BabyBlues likes this.
  4. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

SUroot likes this.
  5. SUroot

That's the one
  6. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

7. SUroot

It's the solution....of course its different
  8. Toosploos

What SUroot says. Just invest a little time in that app and you'll see that it allows you to set a homescreen without cropping.
  9. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

it does but it changes wallpaper after invervals..
  10. djcage69

djcage69 Member

I use Wallpaper Wizardrii. If the images are not the coorect size/format, you will have black or whatever color borders you choose.
  11. Toosploos

Thats kinda what we meant with 'play around with the app'. Try this, for example.
    - Set the picture change interval to Never
    - Set the same picture for all your screens
    - Set crop-size to Show Entire Picture
  12. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Wallpaper Set&Save from Play Store.
  13. SUroot

You just had to press the settings button ;)
  14. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member

i just went to and unfortunately galaxy s3 is not one of the phones they support to give you the proper screen resolution. so you have to tweak the size to fit (720x1280). photoshop time.
  15. shaneallenhenderson

shaneallenhenderson Well-Known Member

it does not see any pics on my sd card?
  16. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Have you checked its settings? By default it searches for a 'wallpapers' folder in internal memory, but every time you open it, you can change that folder to something you prefer.
  17. gjaykenney

gjaykenney New Member

I'm trialing the Galaxy 3 and EVO. I set a photo as home screen wallpaper and that picture didn't need to be cropped and the home screens rotate over that picture (or a least that looks like what it is doing). Is this the TouchWiz on top of Android? I'm having the same issue described here on the EVO.
  18. maskofwraith

maskofwraith New Member

i encountered same problem.
    Open your image with stock browser. then click and hold the image you will get 'setAs wallpaper' option. this will let you to set wallpaper without cropping it.
    if you have trouble to open image with the browser, download this app which i wrote by myself.