• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to share data between 2 Nexus S phones?

I know that it is possible to share data- contacts-pictures-websites etc. just buy tapping 2 Nexus S phones together via the NFC, yet I do not seem able to do this. Does anybody know how?

Thanks,
Steve

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jwsoft.sharenfc

Currently you can share contacts and websites (as well as other NDEF Tags). Contacts and websites can be shared directly from the contacts / browser app via the share option. They will then push over NFC to the other device.

File sharing will be coming in a bit. It would be sooner, but I broke my other Nexus S playing with my kids so that development is put on hold for now :)

The stock Tags app does a similar thing for URLs, Contacts, Text where you can share and choose "My Tags". It will then create and save that tag. In the tags app you can then click "Share my tag" under the "My Tag" tab and pick the tag you have previously created to share.

Reactions: Koyanishi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones