• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to spot a fake galaxy note 2?

Support/update issues aside, what's the build quality like on these?
Not that I'd want one, just curious how they compare to the real thing.

Build quality depends on the model and manufacturer. For instance, most i've seen use a variation of Media Tek's Dual Core 1GHz CPUs, like the MTK6577. The Cubot A6589 has a Media Tek MTK6589 Quad Core 1.2GHz CPU but is about $100 more than the rest.

Theres a website that is in english that sells many of them and has specs on each if you are curious and would like to compare.
That is here:
China Best and Cheap Android 4.1 Cell Phones Wholesale Online Store - Gadgetsdealer.com

Also, there are many youtube hands on comparisons. Just search for "Fake SG3" or "Fake Note 2".

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
When I buy one of these, I do have the advantage of been able to try them hands-on in a local store, where I can pick-over them looking for a good one. And if there are any problems, as there often are with these things, I can just take it back.

Registrant:
shenzhenshi huanqiuyigou dianzishangwu youxian gongsi

Anyone else have problems, you're going to ship it all the way back to Shenzhen, China at your expense, and then cross your fingers....caveat emptor.....consumer protection laws do not apply here.

For the benefit of anyone considering one of these....
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0
Hi squarepants, and welcome to AF :)

The Note II uses a micro SIM, so unfortunately it sounds likely that it's a fake.

However, there was this one odd story: Samsung makes a Galaxy Note II with both micro and regular SIM card slots official in China. So if it has both regular and micro slots it's perhaps possible you got one of those?

Can you give us any other information about it? Software info is good - baseband is something they don't normally fake, for example.

Upvote 0
hello, I bought a new samsung galaxy note 2 last month, it is the original one, when I look at my phone and yours and I compare it, mine is very different from yours, and if you dont have the s-note so it is not the real one, and you must have the original s-pen not any pen and inserted in the phone, if it is really like the photos go and take refund and buy it from somewhere else

thank you!

Upvote 0
Hi guys.im having a problem too.my uncle bought me note 2 in middle east and it uses regular size sim card.im from philippines.and here,note 2 use micro sim.was the regular sim note 2 a fake?thanks guys.appreciate your immediate response!

Hi squarepants, and welcome to AF :)

The Note II uses a micro SIM, so unfortunately it sounds likely that it's a fake.

However, there was this one odd story: Samsung makes a Galaxy Note II with both micro and regular SIM card slots official in China. So if it has both regular and micro slots it's perhaps possible you got one of those?

Can you give us any other information about it? Software info is good - baseband is something they don't normally fake, for example.

I may be wrong but I believe the Philippines uses a US type of network and so they have micro sim phones like in the states. Europe and abroad may still use regular sim as they have a different network and so the international note 2 might have a regular size sim. I know that theres a model # difference.

I agree with Hadron, more info is needed.

Upvote 0
Well a few days ago I got an ad of Samsung galaxy Note 2 for Rs.12000(Indian currency). The ad was from UK. Here are the details of the the company :.
ELECTRONICS ENTERPRISE LTD
ENTERPRISE HOUSE NO 53
BLYTH ROAD
HAYES MIDDLESEs
UNITED KINGDOM
UB3 1BY
Company No. 08113787
Mobile No: +447031919618.
If anybody from UK Please tell is this address or the company fake or genuine and as I've seen many tips from this forum about how to spot a fake note 2. Thanks for that.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Just to give a little FYI, you can install S note if someone has the apk. the apk file can probably be found in many sites online, or someone can send it to someone else. it can also be ripped from the /system/app folder of a rooted device. it's like S Voice--that one is quite easy to port over to just about anything. if i hacked my device's build.prop file enough, i could fool Play Store into allowing me to install anything from S Memo to the AT&T mobile app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones