• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to stop recording a call?

I've looked for an answer and can't find one, so I gotta ask: how do I stop my HTC Hero from recording every call? I've downloaded and installed numerous apps, and after fiddling with some my phone started doing it. I see a notice on the screen when each call begins and ends. I try to tap and catch it in order to take action, but no luck.

I see I've got Phone Recorder, but when I type my password, it says "No Data." I've also got Voice Recorder, but I don't see how it's activated to record during a call, so that's likely not it. Then there's Ultimate Voice Recorder, but its settings have "automatic phone call recording" disabled.

So what could have I done to cause my phone to record each call I make? How can I stop that from happening? And how can I erase all the recorded calls, which have got to be filling up the unit?

I'd still like to record an occasional business call for accurate info, notifying the other party of course. But I have a hunch that the recording process causes people to not hear me as clearly. At least that started happening about the time I noticed the recordings. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Well, a little notice pops up over the green Droid when a call begins, and another later announces recording has stopped.

I've maxed out my 2GB card, so more recordings likely will cause a problem. Perhaps I ought to search for this, but I'd like to go with a 4GB or larger card, and I wonder it it's as simple as copying the 2GB's contents on my computer, then transferring it all to the 4BG and inserting it back into the Hero.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones