• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How To] Swap Internal And External(MicroSD) This Is Real

I Have Written This Guide On How To Swap Internal And External. You Must Be Rooted
I did not modify the files, i am just uploading a tutorial on how to perform this mod.

Please download this small zip file as it is all you need.Follow the instructions in the read me file.

This is my first guide so please bare with me and comment on how i can improve

This is legit, I am currently got it activated on my phone and I now have 8gb internal + 1.1 external Hehehehehe.

If you are having dificulties then post and i will try to help you

Attachments

• Internal to External Mod.zip
    876 KB · Views: 1,605
Hello I did this a couple months ago and had no problems but recently I rebooted my phone and noticed so far the stock music player and gallery do not recognise any files I have on my SD Card which is now my internal memory. For example the music player doesn't have any of my songs from the SD and if I take a screenshot it does not appear in the gallery app, but if I look for the files I want in my files app on the phone they are there. Strange huh?

Upvote 0
Hello I did this a couple months ago and had no problems but recently I rebooted my phone and noticed so far the stock music player and gallery do not recognise any files I have on my SD Card which is now my internal memory. For example the music player doesn't have any of my songs from the SD and if I take a screenshot it does not appear in the gallery app, but if I look for the files I want in my files app on the phone they are there. Strange huh?

Never mind I managed reflash a Stock ROM...Lost a lot of files though :(

Upvote 0
Excellent instructions thank you, my sons 18160 now has 32gb internal (shrinking by the minute as he installs games)

One problem though, sometimes (not always) when he phone comes back from standby the sd card is not mounted correctly as there are no files in My Files and apps are unavailable. Have to reboot the phone to get them back.

any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones