• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to sync contacts

c308682

Dec 4, 2009
so since the cloud is great I must be omitting some simple step.
When I enter contacts into my phone, they do not ever sync into my gmail contacts like if I look them up on my mac. But when I input a new contact into the gmail contacts on the mac, the new contact shows up instantly on my phone. how do I get it to sync both ways.

thank you

If you export your contacts as a CSV file on your phone, you can take that file and Import it into your GMail account from a PC. Then delete all your contacts from you phone. The next time your phone sync it's GMail contacts all the contacts will transfer to your phones as Google contacts.

Then, when you need to add a new contacts, either do it from a PC or, if you do it from the phone make sure you select Google and not phone for the contact type.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones