• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Tether again.

JohnMonsour

Jan 11, 2013
Here is how you tether.

After trial and error this is finally what mikewmills and I used to do before this phone had any custom anything. Just root.

Download the app from below or here is a direct link: http://androidforums.com/attachment...6/?temp_hash=d91395ff38f4266e4228a78abaf8bdd6

then use these settings:

Device - Profile : Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)

Change SSID to something simple: tether

Wifi-driver reload 2: enabled

Make sure routing fix is: enabled

Then start tether.

After tether has started you should see "Other Network" in your list of wifi networks on the device you want to connect with. After starting a connection with "Other Network" it will ask you for the name of the network at which point you will enter the ssid name. In the example from above you would enter: tether.

voila wifi tether works.

ps make sure your connections optimizer is off or it will interfere with the app.

Sorry it took me soooo long to get back to you guys on this. But this is the only method that works. It's a little tricky so follow the instructions to the T.

Important: it will not broadcast the ssid! So don't say it doesn't work! You have to manually add the ssid on the device you would like to connect to your hotspot named tether for example.

Like so:
2015-02-20-02-39-05.jpg

And then type
. T E T H E R Like so:
2015-02-20-02-39-29.jpg

I don't like to make everything so explicit. Shit I feel like if I post how to do this a year ago and people still don't know how to tether than maybe they just don't deserve to get to.

Attachments

• wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk
    414.3 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: EarlyMon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones