• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to transfer contacts from HTC Touch to HTC Hero?

thathrill

Dec 3, 2009
Hi, I am new to the android forum and phones. I bought Touch by HTC when it was first released and now I absolutely hate this phone. So after some research I decided to join in and get the Hero. However, I was wondering how to transfer contacts from my winmo HTC Touch to a Hero? I have tried looking around but I can't find anything

Hi, I am new to the android forum and phones. I bought Touch by HTC when it was first released and now I absolutely hate this phone. So after some research I decided to join in and get the Hero. However, I was wondering how to transfer contacts from my winmo HTC Touch to a Hero? I have tried looking around but I can't find anything

If you have Microsoft Outlook, then use HTC Sync (can be found on HTC website) to sync them from your computer. That is what I did.

Upvote 0
If you have Microsoft Outlook, then use HTC Sync (can be found on HTC website) to sync them from your computer. That is what I did.

If you have MS Outlook THIS IS A BETTER SOLUTION:

Google "contacts from MS Outlook to Gmail" and follow instructions to export/copy your Outlook contact database to Gmail account. Then open phone settings>data Synchronization> google and set it up. This will automatically sync phone contacts with your Gmail contacts.

You can also set Gmail to automatically sync with desktop contacts and calender, very helpful and convenient.

Upvote 0
I guess the main problem that I am having is getting my contacts into MS Outlook from my phone. I have tried searching on the internet and I can't find how to pull my contacts from my phone into Outlook. I can't even find where windows mobile device center stores my contacts. My phone currently syncs with windows mobile device center for vista. Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
I would just like to thank everyone who offered their assistance. I was able to sync my old phone contacts with outlook, export the contact file then import to my gmail account and finally sync to my phone. Sad that sprint was not able to transfer the contacts for me but I am happy to have it stored online.

Upvote 0
I would just like to thank everyone who offered their assistance. I was able to sync my old phone contacts with outlook, export the contact file then import to my gmail account and finally sync to my phone. Sad that sprint was not able to transfer the contacts for me but I am happy to have it stored online.

Did Sprint tell you they couldnt transfer your contacts? I am fairly certain the cell brite would have done the trick. Also there is a service provided by Sprint to back your contacts up online. You then easily then transfer them to the new phone. ( not sure if it works for Hero or not )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones