How to transfer contacts from HTC Touch to HTC Hero?

Last Updated:

1. thathrill

thathrill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am new to the android forum and phones. I bought Touch by HTC when it was first released and now I absolutely hate this phone. So after some research I decided to join in and get the Hero. However, I was wondering how to transfer contacts from my winmo HTC Touch to a Hero? I have tried looking around but I can't find anything

Advertisement
  2. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

If you have Microsoft Outlook, then use HTC Sync (can be found on HTC website) to sync them from your computer. That is what I did.

3. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

If you have MS Outlook THIS IS A BETTER SOLUTION:

Google "contacts from MS Outlook to Gmail" and follow instructions to export/copy your Outlook contact database to Gmail account. Then open phone settings>data Synchronization> google and set it up. This will automatically sync phone contacts with your Gmail contacts.

You can also set Gmail to automatically sync with desktop contacts and calender, very helpful and convenient.

4. T Mac

T Mac Well-Known Member

I agree, don't use HTC Sync. It sucks badly. Just go into MS outlook and to the file>export function. Export as file to a .csv to your desktop and then import that into google contacts in gmail. Your phone will then automatically sync this data once you set it up the first time.

5. thathrill

I guess the main problem that I am having is getting my contacts into MS Outlook from my phone. I have tried searching on the internet and I can't find how to pull my contacts from my phone into Outlook. I can't even find where windows mobile device center stores my contacts. My phone currently syncs with windows mobile device center for vista. Anyone have any ideas?

6. thathrill

I would just like to thank everyone who offered their assistance. I was able to sync my old phone contacts with outlook, export the contact file then import to my gmail account and finally sync to my phone. Sad that sprint was not able to transfer the contacts for me but I am happy to have it stored online.

7. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Hey that was my recommendation, glad it worked out for you. and now you'll always be synced!

8. Grinder16

Grinder16 Well-Known Member

Did Sprint tell you they couldnt transfer your contacts? I am fairly certain the cell brite would have done the trick. Also there is a service provided by Sprint to back your contacts up online. You then easily then transfer them to the new phone. ( not sure if it works for Hero or not )

9. thathrill

Grinder, the sprint tech told me he tried 4 times to transfer my contacts but couldn't get it to work. I think it has to do with my old phone tho. Sprint stopped selling it a long time ago lol

10. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Put all your contacts into Gmail contacts and never have this problem again.

I put it off for years and was cnstantly losing numbers from my phones when they would die, break, etc. No more.