• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to transfer data to sd card?

I just got micro sd card for my Asus transformer tablet. and i was wondering how to move all my apps and music and what not onto the sd card?
It reads the card just fine it just wont let me move apps onto it like on my phone.

Because this device has both internal storage and external storage, and the implementation of moving apps to sdcard is actually using the internal storage, not the external storage.

Upvote 0
You can move music and pics to your SD card if you'd like. The easiest way is to plug the tablet into the computer and use Windows Explorer. It's just drag and drop from one 'drive' to the other.

As for apps, yeah, just leave 'em where they are. Some apps can't move (the programming won't know where to find them), widgets MUST be in internal memory or they don't work correctly.

Upvote 0
How can i unlock the bootloader?

You have to go to asus' website and download the unlock tool.

***NOTE*** Unlocking the bootloader voids your warranty immediately - and in case you're thinking you an revert later on, you cannot - plus, the unlock tool contacts the ASUS website and transmits your device's serial number to ASUS to get a verification before unlocking - so, yes, they will know immediately.

If you're not worried about warranty replacement then grab the tool and follow the directions. Even though it says ICS it works on all TF700 stock firmware, ICS and JB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones