• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Tweak the Kaos Froyo Rom for speed!

Isn't this the improper way to actually close out an app? This is like pressing the home button, and not the return, right?

Yes, its the same as pressing Home. But with the autokiller, free memory is really not an issue like it used to be so keeping things like facebook or gmail open in the background really isn't an issue.

Upvote 0
Here are a few simple tweaks I discovered to make your Kaos Froyo rom as fast or faster than most 2.1 based roms. These settings make a world of difference in how the phone responds and make Froyo a joy to use!

1. Ditch Adw and install Launcher Pro. 90% of the slowness comes from Adw!
!

Dumb question: how does one ditch Adw and replace it with Launcher Pro? It's not an app in the usual sense....

Upvote 0
Dumb question: how does one ditch Adw and replace it with Launcher Pro? It's not an app in the usual sense....

Launcher Pro is actually an app in the usual sense. Just download and install it. When you press the home button, you'll get a prompt for which launcher to use. You can check a box to make your choice the default. If you want to remove ADW, I recommend using TitaniumBackup to uninstall it.

Upvote 0
I just installed Kaos Froyo and noticed that I can't smart dial (just dial the name of the person I'm calling) or access my groups. Does anyone know how to do this or another rom that has all the features of this one, plus the groups and smart dial?

I have never used it myself, but you could install and make default Dialer One, which I believe does all of that.

Dialer One - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
Here are a few simple tweaks I discovered to make your Kaos Froyo rom as fast or faster than most 2.1 based roms. These settings make a world of difference in how the phone responds and make Froyo a joy to use!

1. Ditch Adw and install Launcher Pro. 90% of the slowness comes from Adw!
2. Go to settings/display/animation and turn off all animations. They might look neat, but youll be surprised at how fast the phone is without them.
3. Under LauncherPro preferences, go to Advanced Settings and change the opening speed to 10 for both options.
4. Install setcpu and set it for 245,710 for normal use, and 245,480 for when the screen is off. Kaos rom is already overclocked to 710 so this is just for extra battery life.
5. reboot the phone after applying the tweaks and enjoy a very fast eris.

Seriously, after doing this my phone flies like it has never done before on any 2.1 based rom. Changing between apps is instant and everything is extremely responsive. I love this rom!

ok so i did everything you said, however i dont know how to delete adw from my droid.

thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones