• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to unroot my SLCD - Please read

Havton

Lurker
Dec 17, 2010
What I'm using:

• Android 2.2 OTA
  • Droid Incredible with SLCD
  • Rooted using unRevoked3 via here

I had no problems rooting - it's just that I'm scared about my warranty. Yes I understand rooting offers alot of benefits, but I don't have the money to buy new devices in case I brick mine. I just got my phone and decided to root it for the wifi tether. But I'd rather have my warranty.

Can someone tell me what to do, please? I suppose I want to get back to stock 2.2. Also, will anyone know if there will be any activation issues with Verizon if I do this? It's really causing a weird knot in my stomach.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
P.S. the "s-off" needs to be changed to "s-on" if I am correct as well
EDIT: I was reading the Downgrade guide, and I'm supposed to download the "S-OFF/S-ON" tool. If I'm not mistaken - I have to select "recovery" option in the hboot, I just did that minutes ago and all I got was a black screen - it scared the crap out of me thinking I bricked my Inc. Is there another way around this?

Where is an IMG file with the latest OTA update... Still cant find one for us SLCD people. I am affraid to do anything on my phone, I am currently rooted and looking for the latest firmware to go back to stock.

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

This is current stock including the OTA update of November. It will unroot you and it doesn't matter whether you are slcd or amoled. The IMG method and RUU are in the first post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones