• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Update And Root SGAII I8160XXLL2?

I have flashed most of the JB roms, rooted, and swapped Ext_sd to sdCard. RAM has increased from 550MB to 620MB. The interface is good with little lags. However, opening apps takes time (Contacts, Phone, etc.) And the most annoying part is frequent hangs during movie playback and video playbacks in youtube and facebook. I downgraded to GB and updated to the latest and I'm so happy watching movies while on the move and watching youtube thru wifi. (Even listening to mp3's was problematic with JB). What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have flashed most of the JB roms, rooted, and swapped Ext_sd to sdCard. RAM has increased from 550MB to 620MB. The interface is good with little lags. However, opening apps takes time (Contacts, Phone, etc.) And the most annoying part is frequent hangs during movie playback and video playbacks in youtube and facebook. I downgraded to GB and updated to the latest and I'm so happy watching movies while on the move and watching youtube thru wifi. (Even listening to mp3's was problematic with JB). What are your thoughts? Thanks.

That post really didn't seem all that relevent to the topic as you're talking about Jelly Bean and this person is talking about rooting on Gingerbread. :s

Still...

Samsung's Jelly Bean firmware has not been correctly optimized for this device and performance has suffered because of it. However, there is a solution for those problems you mentioned:

Root your device after upgrading using the easy root method.

Install Andromizer, choose One-touch-optimisation under the Tools menu (make sure to grant root permission when prompted).

Restart your phone.

That will clear up your video/media playback issues on YouTube etc. The next step is entirely optional to remove home interface lag:

Install Nova Launcher and upgrade to Prime when you can afford it.

Following those steps completely eradicates the performance issues and has the phone running almost as smooth as it was on Gingerbread. If you do that you'll find your experience is a lot better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones