• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to upgrade North American GT-I5510L to Gingerbread

LBC99

Lurker
Nov 2, 2011
Hi, I want to upgrade my wife's Samsung GT-I5510L to Gingerbread, but I know there is no official update for that in North America. It is currently on 2.2.1

I am somewhat of a noob at all this, but have rooted and installed a custom rom on my Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Is this even possible? Simple steps to doing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It can be done assuming you have I5510L .Though I believe North America uses I5510M variant . (Atleast Canada does...)
Just check this thread for Odin flashing
http://androidforums.com/551-all-things-root/480888-odin-stock-rom-tutorial.html

Now here is the catch .I believe i5510L and i5510T share the same radios since both are south american .Now it is also true that some of I5510T were cross compatible with European Radios esp. KP1

Brazilian GB was released a while ago but it has 50-50 chance of working .

Brazilian Gingerbread Released !!!???!!! All about Samsung Galaxy 551 and more

Just post if you have any doubts .

Upvote 0
Well ,for starters there is only one custom ROM for Froyo ,Arkas 0. series .
You can install it if you want .

For the rest which Includes Arkas 1.0 series ,CM 7.1/2 and CM 9.0 you will need Gingerbread .

There was a CM 7.0 for Froyo but it is not supported by the dev currently and it cant play music .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones